ALL CREDIT goes to Dr. Rhonda Bishop at Orchard Hills Elementary! She started it:)
Purpose: January and Feb. can be really long months. Inside recess. Snow days. 3rd quarter blues. Sickness. These activities are put in place to liven things up a little bit.
Guidelines: Things to think about.....
- Principal and secretary do most of the work:) Teachers have enough to do and this isn't meant to be more work for them. There are a few things they need to do but it's all in the name of fun.
- Include students when appropriate. I count on my teachers to take care of the kids but some of the activities are fun for kids too.
- Start small. Maybe just Fabulous Friday's in February and do something fun on Fridays. Still gives everyone something to look forward to.
- If you have a teacher climate team turn it over to them.
- Survey the teachers as to what treats you have done in the past that they like. Since we have done this for so many years Dr. Bishop asked her teachers what they liked the most. You will be surprised that it is the FREE stuff they like a lot;)
- Budget: I am allowed to use "pop machine" funds for most of this. But teachers don't mind to pitch in a little if you just ask. My teachers have paid for Sonic Happy Hour in the past.
|Dr. Bishop 2015|
|Willard East 2015|
Or your staff can play ConnectED Bingo!