But let me clarify......6 weeks "off" only means I do not have to report to my "school office" and supervise anything. Principals are never really "off". During my "off" weeks I still do work but it is much easier, uninterrupted, and on my time schedule.
Before I share my back to school to-do list I must share what I had planned to get done over my 6 week "vacation."
- Clean up my Dropbox
- Clean up and organize the files on my computer - I got a new Mac Mini at work in August so it's better to organize now before it gets too late.
- Organize and relocate photos from my MacBook Air to a hard disk until I get them all uploaded to a "cloud" space I like. (Have tried Shutterfly and Flickr so far. Like them both.)
- Move my office - This wasn't really on my list until another principal in my district moved his office. Our buildings are identical so it worked out perfectly.
- Move my staff blog to Blogger within our Google Apps account.
- Create a one-stop Google site for all our building documents etc.
- Update building schedule - The teachers are waiting for this but last year's needs a little tweaking.
- Finalize class lists
- Plan Chromebook training for 3rd and 4th grade teachers
- Meet with preschool teachers
- Finalize/approve t-shirt design for students
- Order signs for the doors instead of having teachers make them every year......
- Work on Flipped Faculty meeting for back-to-school meeting
- Plan Leadership Team meeting