Friday, December 7, 2012

Staff Holiday Ideas

Yesterday our SWMAESP Sub D Principals group met for our quarterly meeting. We shared ideas for staff holiday gifts so I thought I would share in case you are still looking for ideas.

  • Scarves with district logo
  • Lottery tickets
  • Movie tickets to the dollar movie theater
  • T-shirts/sweatshirts with logos
  • Grade level progressive dinners
  • Principal cooks breakfast for teachers
  • Secret santas
  • Hoop-lalala Spirit wear week
  • Grade levels given $200 to adopt a family to buy for
  • District purchased hams and turkeys 
  • District purchased gift cards
  • Lanyards with names and logos
Funding varied by principal. Pop machine fund, social committee funds, PTO purchased, district purchased. One principal mentioned shopping the day after Christmas for sale items to give the next year at Christmas time.

Usually I post a picture of my holiday gift AFTER the break. Some of my teachers read my blog:) So it's hard to keep secrets from them when it comes to gifts.