Monday, July 9, 2012

Calendar "events" as To-Do Items

Yes, I too have tried EVERY to-do app. My go-to apps right now are Reminders which comes on the iPhone and/or Notes that comes on the iPhone/iPad! But I STILL can't remember "events." When I say "events" I'm actually referring to "ideas" for specific dates/times in the near-ish future.

For example, Pinterest! Holy cow! I can't even keep up with all the ideas generated from Pinterest. Today I came across an activity to use with my teachers for Thanksgiving. Well for crying out loud! I can't even remember what I'm on my way to the grocery store to pick up let alone something as far away as Thanksgiving. Geesh!

Here is my process:
1. Add an "all day" event to my google calendar. All day events are "highlighted" that's why I like them.
2. In the event description I can include the link to the idea or write where I stored the idea so I can find it on the day I need it. (You can see below that the idea for my activity is in Goodreader.)
3. Usually I put the event a few days before I actually need it.




I have also tried google to-do but it just clogs up my calendar to the point I can't even read anything. I always have to turn off the to-do items.

Whatever works! What works for you? Come on I know there are other unique organizing ideas out there to help your principal friends......anyone? Anyone?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad