Advice for newbies: Last week I tweeted out a question for advice for newbies. Here is the advice I received:
- Wear comfortable shoes (Tennis shoes don't exactly go with my outfit but I am in comfortable shoes:)
- Do not miss the Shoot-out at 11:00.
- Be sure to sign up for all the prizes.
I think that I can do all of the above!
How I prepared for FETC:
- Scoured the website for a few hours this weekend.
- Added FETC website as a bookmark on my iPad.
- Did a google search on he keynote speakers to help decide which sessions to attend.
- Had a crash course in Edmodo. Edmodo will be the "back channeling" resource sharing site for the conference. Each session has a group number you join in edmodo for resources and discussion.
Now I am off to find the Shoot-out! You can follow me on twitter at @mmiller7571. I have found that things go really fast at conferences and I may not be the best "tweeter."
Tune in form more later.