Okay, lessons learned from 1st introduction to iPods:
- iPod Touches are pretty small for Kindergartners.
- The app with the larger letters was the better choice.
- An iPad would probably be a better size for that age.
- They really struggled moving the letters around because they are so small.
- They just need practice for a while first so they can benefit from the word work aspect and not the actual manipulation of the letters.
- We need to add headphones to the school supply list if we are going be able to use these frequently.
- It's going to take time but imagine what the school environment would be like if the iPod was just a "natural resource" for kids to use as needed?
I'll keep you posted:)