Another principal in the district surveyed his staff and I thought this would be very helpful for my personal and professional growth. There was NO hidden agenda to doing this survey. I wanted to know what my teachers think. Mentally I was prepared to be put under the microscope and hear some negative feedback too. However, I found that most of the feedback was very professional and genuine. Both the "needs improvement" areas and "strengths" were right on or at least I agreed with most of it.
Here is how I posted the information for my staff to see the results.....
Below the quoted post is a copy of the survey if you would like to use it someday.(Sorry for the terrible template. The teachers clicked on a link that sent them to the form which is formated better as a website.)
"Principal Survey – Thank you to those of you filled out the google form “Faculty Review of Administrator.” This information is very helpful for my personal and professional growth. I shared this information with the Leadership Team and told them I would share with all of you as well. Below I will briefly summarize the results. If you would like me to elaborate on this more, please stop by and we can talk.
- Only 20 staff members completed the survey
- Next year I will probably have Bob create the survey and provide everyone with a login “token”. Stewart used this process at the HS and received 87/113 responses to his survey.
- There was one “outlier” to the positive, meaning someone rated me highly on EVERYTHING. ‘
- There was one “outlier” to the negative, meaning someone is not pleased with my leadership
- Collaboration with grade levels
- Be respectful of time and work load
- Build positive relations with parents
- More student involvement
- Be a better listener
- Technology expectations – Slow down
- Job Stress – handle job stress better:)
- High expectations
- Follows policy
- Backing/supporting teachers
- Technology – knowledgeable
- Humor/creates positive environment"