Faculty Review of Administrator

This is my 6th year as elementary principal at Willard East. In an effort to make sure that I am genuinely serving my teachers and students I decided I would have the teachers fill out a survey somewhat evaluating me as a school leader. This was not a researched based survey or some type of hidden meaning evaluative survey. It is a survey that is used by a neighboring school district every year. I did not create it.


Another principal in the district surveyed his staff and I thought this would be very helpful for my personal and professional growth. There was NO hidden agenda to doing this survey. I wanted to know what my teachers think. Mentally I was prepared to be put under the microscope and hear some negative feedback too. However, I found that most of the feedback was very professional and genuine. Both the "needs improvement" areas and "strengths" were right on or at least I agreed with most of it.


Here is how I posted the information for my staff to see the results..... 
Below the quoted post is a copy of the survey if you would like to use it someday.(Sorry for the terrible template. The teachers clicked on a link that sent them to the form which is formated better as a website.) 




"Principal Survey – Thank you to those of you filled out the google form “Faculty Review of Administrator.” This information is very helpful for my personal and professional growth. I shared this information with the Leadership Team and told them I would share with all of you as well. Below I will briefly summarize the results. If you would like me to elaborate on this more, please stop by and we can talk.
  • Only 20 staff members completed the survey
  • Next year I will probably have Bob create the survey and provide everyone with a login “token”. Stewart used this process at the HS and received 87/113 responses to his survey.
  • There was one “outlier” to the positive, meaning someone rated me highly on EVERYTHING. ‘
  • There was one “outlier” to the negative, meaning someone is not pleased with my leadership
Needs Improvement:
  • Collaboration with grade levels
  • Be respectful of time and work load
  • Build positive relations with parents
  • More student involvement
  • Be a better listener
  • Technology expectations – Slow down
  • Job Stress – handle job stress better:)
Strengths:
  • Communication
  • High expectations
  • Follows policy
  • Backing/supporting teachers
  • Technology – knowledgeable
  • Humor/creates positive environment"