Where we have been:
- Attended RTI training
- Created Student Improvement Team (SIT)
- Created forms/paperwork
- Set meeting schedule (1st and 3rd Thursday of the month)
- Met regularly
- Started having referrals and meetings about students
- Tweaked paperwork (District-wide forms because forms will stay in perm file to go to next school.)
- Some interventions suggestions worked and some didn't
- A little teacher frustration, and then a lot of frustration
- Focused on ONE issue at a time and not a laundry list of concerns
- Started to encourage more data-based referrals
- Regular meetings
- Meetings more organized and faster paced (see flipchart below - This flipchart is what we use for our agenda to keep on time and on track.)
- Must bring only ONE issue that is backed by data to refer a student
- Our district still uses the descrepency model and some 3rd graders need to be "tested" because they have had every intervention our school offers and are still not making progress.
We still need to tweak our system.
- We need a master list of interventions.
- We need to choose specific interventions for fluency, comprehension, addition, multiplication, problem solving etc.
- Need for more common assessments and more often to provide the data on student success
Sit Team Flipchart
RTI Podcast to come at a later date!