Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Chicken Timer for Administrators:)

As much as I take pride in all my technology wisdom sometimes there are just old tools that work better.:):):)
Take my chicken time for example. This sits under my desk and is used frequently....
You now how you walk into your office or classroom and you know you are supposed to be somewhere in 10 min., 20 min. 1 hour etc.??? I just set my chicken timer. Then I tell my secretary what I set the timer for and if I leave my office and she hears it go off, she finds me and reminds me. Isn't that a great system?!!! I have $500 iPhone and use a $1 chicken timer for reminders. Here is a list of times I set the chicken timer:
  • Teacher observation in 45 min. ....set the timer!
  • Recess "doodie" favor for a teacher in 10 min. ....set the timer!
  • Lunch "doodie" in 20 min. ...set the timer!
  • Conference call in 10 min. ...set the timer!
  • Have my secretary interrupt a long and drawn out parent conference ...set the timer!
  • Be at Admin. meeting by 9AM ...set the timer!
Now, how many of you are going bring your chicken timer to school? Come on, you know this is an easy and cheap reminder system.