Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Talking to Myself???

Okay, I think I am talking to myself! After Educon2.0 and all the "reflective" podcasts that I listen to, I have typed some "reflective" emails to my teachers about meetings we attended together, how a certain school process is going, etc.. You know.........REFLECT! I have now come to the conclusion that I am talking to myself.:)

Not really. My teachers are probably so shocked by this they don't know how to respond. (Teachers are also really busy BTW) As I think about it I don't even think our administrative team has reflective conversations. Always task oriented, info packed, opinionated discussions. Even my own meetings with my staff, no matter how big or small the group, have an "agenda" and heaven forbid I get off track of my agenda.:):):)

In the summer we have a voluntary book study. What makes it easier for me to be reflective at this time and not more times during the school year? I've got it!!! Fear! If I speak reflectively I am not giving directions or "telling them what to do." Teachers aren't big fans of being told what to do anyway so maybe reflective conversations would be more effective?! I may be onto something here, or again, just talking to myself.

I always ask for feedback on topics, or at least I think I do. I guess I should ask my teachers if I request enough feedback. Saying ALL my teachers, is unfair. Some have responded which is much appreciated. Another reason for lack of reflection, on my teachers part, may be the fact that they never know what their pregnant administrator is going to say or do on a given day so it may be better to avoid at all costs. :):):) Hormones!:)

Whatever! I think I am just talking to myself!